Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's about to get Real

Hi Family!
I should've brought my notes. Less than a week and I'll have been out for a year! Crazy right? 
Well monday was a pretty relaxing Pday which was nice. I did some crocheting :)
There was a lot of good appts and a ton that fell through this week.
But there were some good things :)
Wednesday I got 5 letters :) Total tender mercy
Thursday I got 2 more from gma and gpa sant :) Thursday night D said the sweetest prayer. Her son passed away and she told Heavenly Father as if she was talking to him that they miss him a lot but they know he is with him helping him out and they cant wait to be with him again. She offered to pray even which is a change from a month ago when she wouldn't even attempt to pray out loud
Friday I got 2 more letters :) One was from sister molina with a bookmark from Sarah Curtis (Mama Curtis's daughter- sister Molinas springville mom) who I have never even met! Total tender mercy again. And so sweet that she would think of me :) And it was inspired. Sister Molina sent me a quote I really needed as well. She writes me at least once a week. :)And saw the H's finding out that Robert was going to get the priesthood sunday :)
Saturday We had NOTHING. So we went to find some service. And we definitely found some. We showed up at the E's ( a member family we love) and the teenage boys were in the middle of trying to saw part of the kitchen island they had. There was a lot of craziness. It was loud, stunk and then the saw caught on fire. hahaha. they got the piece off but it kindof had chunks and pieces sticking out ready to stab you and wasnt very straight. haha. So they taped it and waited for dad to fix it. haha. We then cleaned that kitchen. There was so much saw dust and aired it all out. Sister Volmer and kiana were shaking out a rug when sister E and I hear. oh no. Thats my dad and they ran back inside trying to hide it. We couldnt stop laughing almost to the point of crying. They first blamed it on us saying we were looking for service and so they let us cut the table and then let him know the real story. He was like I leave for an hour! haha. It was so funny. Sister E said you dont have a nice house so that your kids can learn and have experiences. haha. She had a good attitude about it all.
In the end They ended up having to buy a new saw but it looks really nice now that dad fixed it all up! haha
Sunday we sang in two ward which was good. In one of our lessons we read 2 ne 5 and learned about the manner of happiness. it was really good. And then at 8 we went to singing at the E's. It was great :) They do it every sunday where the high school kids are all invited to come over from 8-10 in church dress and sing church music. She has a cupboard of music and the kids take turns playing piano. Its so neat. And the missionaries used to always come over and share missionary messages like how they can share the gospel on facebook but we just found out about it. We want to start something like it at home :) They also use it to invite nonmembers and less actives to come and feel the spirit. During Christmas they practice christmas songs and then carol every week :) I thought it would be awesome if christa and kenedy could do something like it  :) They said sometimes there is a lot of people and sometimes a little but everyone knows about it and just comes when they can. Its awesome :)

Well, I think that is all and I am way over email time but I love you and hope you have a great week :)

Sister Balero

No comments:

Post a Comment