Monday, April 14, 2014

Conference


Apr 7
So I only have like 20 minutes left so I should probably start this! haha.
Its been another long week.
the beginning of the week didnt start too bad. We had far less cancellations and were teaching quite a lot. Then Thursday we went to the temple and then found out that it would be our last time until June :( The 1st presidency has asked that we only go quarterly. I was really bummed that most likely I will only go to the temple 2 more times before the end of my mission when I am used to going twice a month :( I have been blessed to go to every temple in the mission though.
And then I kept being over priced for stuff. That night I got a letter from grandma though and she had sent some money. It was a tender mercy knowing God was looking out for me. I was provided with money the same day that I began to become worried and frustrated with it. 
Friday we had zone training meeting which was really good. We talked about a lot of the things I have been struggling with. We focused a lot on charity and humility and following the spirit and staying positive. Then we had weekly planning which lasted forever and tried to make our t shirts but the iron on material wouldnt iron :( But sat I tried a different iron and it worked but it looked tacky like I had just glued a piece of paper to my shirt! haha
Saturday and Sunday were conference which was amazing :) I wasnt even close to falling asleep in conference until the last session which has never happened before. Sat morning we watched with Robert and Remo and then we went to a less actives home for the afternoon. They also made us a delicious lunch! :) Soo good :) we had burgers :) then saturday night I headed to provo with some of the vernal sisters. While waiting for them we were at a chapel where the priesthood session was going on. And sister Volmer realized she was wearing purple! oops!! haha. So we hid in the mothers room while we waited to meet the sisters. The priesthood session was good! haha
Then we got to provo and stayed the night in the mission home.
Then sunday we were up bright and early and ate breakfast and watched the first part of the sun morn session at the mission home. We then headed to conference.  It was a good experience.  We then headed home and called it a week. haha
I love you and hope you're doing well :)
Sister Balero
PS Next week we get transfer calls. Its been a quick transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment