Monday, July 28, 2014

Little Miracles


Hi Family
This has been the longest and hardest weeks of my mission so far. And its mostly just a blur right now. 
Monday we took it real easy because of sister Hinkson's grandma's passing. I was also overwhelmed because I had to take over the area the next day for exchanges and didn't know what to do. We also had one of our investigators drop us
Tuesday we had exchanges which was again overwhelming at times but turned out really well for the most part.
Wednesday we exchanged back after studies. In studies we studied faith in finding again. It was frustrating because I'm sick of being told the reason we don't have work in our area is I don't have enough faith. Then we had just kindof a tedious day and I was worn out and just felt really low. The evening was good though. We experienced a little miracle. My companion felt like we needed to stop by this one family who moved in. We went and the non member son (40's) answered the door and was friendly but didnt seem particularly interested. Then he said you really need to talk to my mom. He brought us in and called to his mom saying "look what God sent you." His mom N came down the stairs and got really excited she invited us in and told us all about how she is inactive and wants to go to church but no one had come by to give her any information. S (her son) asked us if we needed anything and we said we were fine. He scrambled around and told us he smokes and drinks and would remove that stuff from the area and opened a door to let the house air out. Then he came back with a tray with cups and a pitcher of water and ran out. It was so sweet and then we kept talking with N. Then S came back again. With two fabric roses and gave us each one.  And he started to cry. He said "I had a conversation with God this morning and now you are here. Thank you. That's all I wanted to say." and he ran out. And then we talked with N some more and we are going to start teaching her. It was a little miracle moment. Then we did some service with a yw's group.
Thursday was an okay day. We had some good lessons but after one we lost investigator number 2 for the week. I was happy with that parting though. She is here studying for the mcat and the program is ending so she needs the last couple of weeks to study. Her lessons in the past have been frustrating because they were more of a debate between her and the felowshipper but this lesson was different. There was a calm spirit and acceptance as we talked about the gospel of jesus christ. It was neat to see that change and a good way to end.
Friday we basically planned all day long.
Saturday was a day full of contacting and it was hot and long as well. We went to contact a media referral and decided to knock on a neighbors door to find out who it was because there hadnt been an answer all day. We prayed and both felt prompted to ask the same door. The family who answered was an inactive family. No miracle. They werent interested but I know the Lord works in mysterious ways to get us to where we need to be. The referral's apt was vacant but we knocked on the door that mattered. Hopefully they will one day come back.
Sunday we went to a lot of meetings. One was Nikki's ward and we sat next to her as she came to church and partook of the sacrament for the first time in 55 years. That was a sweet experience.  For like 10 minutes I got to sing with a practicing YSA choir which was a blessing. I miss that feeling of singing :) Then we had a lesson with one of our nonmembers who I have really been pouring my heart out in prayer for and we lost investigator number 3 of the week. Someone in the ward pulled a really mean practical joke on her and she just said it is too hard I feel like I need a break. My heart broke in half. Last night I cried myself to sleep. Its just so hard when you care about these people so much and you see them turn away from what you know will give them the greatest peace and happiness. I feel like the Lord in Jacob 5 when he says "What could I have done more for my vineyard?" Its just so hard in these last few months of my mission to really feel like I am trying to give my all to these people and this area and nothing seems to grow. What more could I have done for them?

Well I love you and Hope you have a great week

Sister Balero

No comments:

Post a Comment