Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Loving Eagle Mountain


Nov 11

Hi family!
I got my first letter in about 4 weeks yesterday!! :)I was so grateful to finally get a letter even if just from my last companion. But please send mail!
I have lots to say again. I have probably written about 12 pages in my journal this week.
Monday we went shopping at the Walmart 20 minutes away. Haha. We then went to a chapel with our district and another with special permission and we played volleyball, poison and slaughter ball! It was a blast! Poulima about killed all the elders though! It was scary! Holy cow! He kept attacking them! I may or may not have slammed him in the head with a ball though...haha. In the evening we went to an appointment where they fed us this yummy chicken chili and then went to the M’s and burned my shirt for my 6 month mark! And then had FHE with them. It was great!

Tuesday was really cold!! Because we hadn't figured out our dinner calendar yet the Ms fed us again. We shared a spiritual thought with them. It was the video of I’ll go where you want me to go from the work of salvation broadcast. Those crazy kids didn't say one word as they sat and watched attentively. There have been few times I have felt the spirit so strong. There was such a reverence. At the end brother M said with tears in his eyes. The feeling in this room right now is no different than in the chapel. I wish we could have held on to that moment a minute longer but he then rushed them off to bed.
Wednesday the elders had scheduled us booked from 3:30 to 8 so we planned to eat at 8 and ate a little at 3. We were just going to feed us but then Sister M talked to one of the fellowshippers so we could have a meal to take home. His wife wouldn't be home so we couldn't come in. So earlier in the day all but one appointment cancelled but we still had our dinner plan til 8. So we went out contacting and met a lot of people which was awesome! And then Brother M scheduled something for us at 8. For not eating I felt great! The Lord really does bless us as we just go and do the work! It feeds us spiritually. When Bro M and the man we taught at 8 found out we hadn't eaten yet they were furious!! Holy cow! They told us to never go hungry again and to make sure we are taken care of. They wouldn't believe me when I told them I wasn't even hungry! But needless to say we are being taken care of here!
Thursday we had ZTM which was really good. And then in the evening we taught this girl and her family.


Friday we got to go to the temple which was a blessing. The temple is the only time I get for myself. The elders and us waited outside for about an hour for the Spanish sisters wondering why in the world they were taking so long. We had fun taking a bunch of pictures including awesome jumping ones! Haha. It was super fun! And there was this adorable bride and groom! :)


At one point we were tracting and didn't know who to go see and so we said a prayer and my comp said that we should go visit a certain family. We went over there and no one was home but across the street a family was sitting on the porch that we wouldn't have thought to go see. Normally I would just kind of say hi and walk off but I have really realized that The Lord works in mysterious ways and puts us in the path of people so I just told my comp. Let’s go talk to them. She was really hesitant but we walked up and said hi. They were really open and he had to leave but that gave us the opportunity to sit and chat with just the grandma. She was really open about the situation her daughter in law was offended and she and the son were inactive as well but trying to return and we shared a thought with her and she said it’s really ironic that you shared that because of what has been going on this past week. The next day I heard that same comment. It is really ironic. I just wanted to tell her that it wasn't ironic. It was the spirit that knew what she needed. Nothing is a coincidence. The Lord cares about her and he provided that way for him to talk to her!  She told us she wanted to have us back and even invited us to go to thanksgiving point with her when she found out we had never been and said we had to. I hope we can get permission for it!


Saturday we started off the day by going to a primary presidency breakfast. The stake president talked to all of them but I felt like it was just for me! A couple of things he said were first "Sometimes we get caught up in the little things and lose sight of the purpose we are called." And the second is "Don't compare yourself. We each have our own talents and are called specifically for who we are and our personal strengths and talents".
He also talked a lot about the influence that we have on children. He said "Children are like wet concrete.  A feather can make an imprint but an elephant can't once it is hardened." It is so important that we teach our children. I am so grateful that I have been taught since I was young of the truth so that I could have that strong testimony now! He also talked about how every fast Sunday it is the children that you see lined up to share what they know with no fear! They don't care that they don't know everything but they share what they do! Lastly, president Hinckley dedicated our stake center! That doesn't happen every day that the prophet will dedicate the stake center! He and other apostles since have said "This area will be a great training ground for the future leaders of the church" That is incredible! This is an amazing area! He also said "Your youth are better than you, they are stronger than you, but you are meant to train them!"  And went on to say "They are training us as much as we are training them" we are meant to be as little children! Homework watch the Mormon message the Christmas spirit. It again just demonstrates the influence of children! Sister A fed us dinner that night! She is going to be one of many moms in this area. She is Elder Niuia Tofa's mom! This was his first area! He keeps texting her and asking if she's taking care of me! I really feel a connection with her though! She is seriously the sweetest lady! We then taught one of the hardest people I think I will ever teach and do not have time to go into!  And we knocked lots of doors.
Sunday we spoke in two sacraments and met with the stake president. We then had a delicious dinner at one of the bishop’s homes! I love them! One boy has the most energy I have ever seen in a kid which means a lot! Haha. And then the oldest boy was adorable and calm and just taking care of the baby and picking up all of the toys the other was throwing around! We then had an appointment with a sweet family out in the boonies! Haha. And then we came home and went straight to bed! There is the week! :)
Please write me! I love you!

Sister Balero

No comments:

Post a Comment