Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hello Eagle Mountain



Hi family!

Tuesday was my last day in the area and let me tell you it was so much harder to leave Orem than I thought it would be. In our hectic day I only had about 2 hours to say goodbye to everyone. I first said goodbye to Grandma G which was really hard. She is such an incredible lady and I am going to miss her smile and willingness to do everything she can to help us! We then said goodbye to K -! And then I went to my trainers meeting. Some bold things were said but they were things I needed to hear! I just want to be the best missionary I can and not waste any more time with disobedience or negativity because I have really learned this week that it is such a blessing to be able to serve a mission. There are so many who don't have the chance to serve or their time is cut short and I just take it completely for granted when there are so many who can't and desire it so much. We then came back and I said goodbye to the S’s which was a really hard goodbye. They were the ones who made me feel welcome and loved in Orem when I was having a hard time and didn't feel that way. We then had to rush off to judge a chili cook off.  There were a couple really good ones! We just downed it with homemade root beer which was delicious! We then went to the H’s to say goodbye. The hardest goodbye. Schultz made me a crown and played my favorite song and we just hung out with them!

Wednesday I left Orem. Transfers were crazy! We eventually figured out our ride and how to get all our stuff to our new home. My new companion is Sister Manning. She is from Roosevelt/Vernal (eastern Utah). She is a trial missionary because she was on medical leave and should be headed to the Seattle mission at the end of this transfer. We got lost on our way and eventually made it to Eagle Mountain. It is seriously in the middle of nowhere! Haha. We got to our house and the landlady wasn't home. We had the garage code though so we went in. We then met up with the elders and a fellowshipper took us to some appointments and the elders handed over the people to us. So it took us 20 minutes to drive to one appointment in our stake and we are a walking area...there are two wards way out but luckily the rest is kind of close. Haha. It took us 15 minutes to walk to the nearest neighborhood from our house...yeah... It'll be an adventure.
Thursday was Halloween! :) We went shopping so we had some food. Then we had DTM which was good. I like our district. We then facebooked. I went through and started editing my blog a little bit. So that it all matches and such. And then we changed and went to the chapel for our district activity. It was super fun! There are 4 sisters and 2 elders. All us sisters wore superhero shirts! Haha. And the elders are hilarious. We watched Ephraims Rescue which was good :) at one point there is a kiss and all of us started hiding our eyes and yelling this was approved what was president thinking?? Haha just as a joke and then one elder yelled 11 months! Haha. It was so funny! And then we played spoons which was really fun too.
Friday we tried to do our weekly planning but had no information. That's what happens when you take over an area from elders! Haha. That evening we went to another appointment that the elders were turning over. One of our elders is Samoan and hilarious but he is a great teacher and I have learned so much from just a few times of him teaching. He has a bunch of analogies that just make everything so simple and he is really good at always testifying. Every time he hands them over to us he says " we can't come back but you are so lucky to be getting these wonderful beautiful sisters" hehe. We then ate dinner at an awesome Ward Mission Leader’s house whose daughters are crazy and hilarious!  And they gave us a ton of names! There is so much work to be done here! Oh and it was my 6 month mark!! :)
Saturday we went to a service project in the morning. It was there that I received news that Sister Rees's mom had passed away the night before! It broke my heart and I was in shock. I didn't know how to help her and then I kind of had a break down thinking about what would I have done if it was my mom or someone in my family. I just want you all to know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have been blessed with such an incredible family and to be blessed to have so much time with them. I really hope I can make you proud. And please keep her and her family in your prayers. We then went to Lehi for a baptism in my comp’s last area which was good. We then came back and I rested because I was not feeling well. Then in the evening we had another couple of appointments with the elders.
Sunday we woke up to it snowing. Yeah...We got a ride to church and sat with the WML(Ward Mission Leader) . We then went and had a meeting and then knocked a lot of doors in the cold. We got a couple of appointments though! :) And then the elders wouldn't call us back and let us know what was going on so we basically spent the whole evening with the WML family again. We ate some yummy tacos! I was so hungry that night. And then we had an appointment in one of those forever away towns and we had the wrong address.


Well, That has been my crazy week! I hope I got everything in there!

Love you so much and hope you have a wonderful week!! :)

Love,

Sister Balero

No comments:

Post a Comment