Monday, January 14, 2013

The Divine Call of a Missionary

This talk is so beautiful and has meant so much to me in the last couple of months. My call has been assigned and will be here this week. My joy is incomprehensible. I cannot wait to go out and serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I know it won't be easy but it will be worth it. In my mission prep class my teacher said "You have 18 months to serve and a lifetime to think about it." As much as it scares me to put myself out there I want people to feel the joy I feel everyday in my life. The Lord has blessed me so much in my life and I want to do all I can for him. I want to be an instrument in his hands and strengthen my relationship even more with him as I put a complete focus on him for a year and a half of my life. My favorite part of Elder Rasband's talk is when he talks about how each missionary's call is chosen. It is amazing that an apostle of the Lord looked at my picture and greeted me by name and by divine revelation knew perfectly where I needed to go! I know that where I am called- no matter where it is is where I personally need to be. I cannot wait to feel the spirit testify to me when I open my call that it is directly from God and that it is where I need to be and I cannot wait to see the reasons why in my future! :)


http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/04/the-divine-call-of-a-missionary?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment